Click here for a view of boat specifications.
Safety Is Our #1 Concern
Our ship has been built with Safety in mind...
In the mission statement of Fast Cat Ferry Services, SAFETY AND SECURITY are top priorities in our service to the public. The events of September 11, 2001 have caused us to heighten our SAFETY AND SECURITY procedures. To insure the well being of our passengers and crew we are utilizing the following additional SAFETY AND SECURITY precautions:
1. A weapon, bomb, drug sniffing dog will be utilized.
2. We will utilize locked bulletproof kevlar pilothouse doors.
3. Separate back up electrical power system in pilothouse for all 5 means of communication from the vessel. The system will power the Satellite systems, VHF radios, SSB, GMDSS, Radar, navigation, and all displays in the pilothouse for a period of 4 continuous days.
4. The cameras with recorders that will monitor all seating areas as well as engine room and deck areas.
5. Extensive background checks will be required for all employees, also zero tolerance drug policy as mandated by the United States Coast Guard.
6. The Crew and employees will be trained for threating situations using guidelines provided by The Passenger Vessel Association Manuals.
It is the goal of Fast Cat Ferry Services to provide a safe, secure and comfortable mode of water transpertation.
Our craft is designed and constructed with the latest technologies and with exacting detail. This ultra-modern craft contains the latest in innovative safety features, all with our passengers safety placed first. Some of our vessel's safety features include:
Kevlar cloth, Carbon Fiber, PVC Foam core, aircraft epoxies, and vacuum molded construction.
- (180) Type I life jackets (50 children size) with a whistle and light
- Child Safety Seats for children 40lbs and under
- (2) 100 passenger inflatable life rafts with water, lights, paddles, and painter
- X-BAND RADAR 1 Furuno FR-2115BB/6
- S-BAND RADAR 1 Furuno FR2135SBB/12
- THERMAL IMAGING SYSTEM
- VESSEL TRACKING SYSTEM 1 Lasor Plot Vessel Tracker
- NIGHT VISION SYSTEM
- GMDSS A2 SYSTEM
- GMDSS CONSOLE MOUNT VHF'S 2 Furuno FM8500 DSC
- GPS/PLOTTER 2 Furuno GP36 with loop
- DEPTH SOUNDER 1 Furuno FCV600L
- EPIRB 1 Satfind-406 Survival GPIRB Nat
- CELL PHONE SYSTEM FOR ATM MACHINE
- Handheld VHF's 4 Incom IC-M15 Handheld VHF
- SEARCH LIGHT 1Acr RCL- 600A
- AIR HORN 1 Buell Strombos Air Horn Set Style QS
- CHART PLOTTING 1 Nobeltec Visual Suite Software
- SATELLITE WEATHER 1 Cortex Sky eye
- COMPUTERS 4 LCD screen displays, 2 PC computers
- INTERCOM SYSTEM New Mar P1-10 intercom phones
- LOUDHAILER INTERCOM SYSTEM 1 Rayteon Ray 430 Loudhailer, 4 Speco Hailer Horns, 4 Speakers
- SATELLITE TV 1 KVH Trac Vision G4
- Satellite phone
- 4 RING BUOYS Throwable 24” with painter
- CARDIAC DEFIBRILLATOR (LIFE PACK)
Additionally, our crew is fully trained for almost any conceivable emergency. The Captains and Co-Captains are all ACLS (Accredited Cardiac Life Support Certified), and the rest of the mates and crew are BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support Certified).